Directions for Making Pumpkin Bread:
Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine coconut sugar with all wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla, applesauce, grape seed oil) using a mixer with the blade attachment or a whip until smooth. It’s a variation of the “creaming” method that yields noticeable results.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the flours, baking soda, spices, chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts. (Combining the chocolate chips and nuts with the flour help them evenly distribute through the bread)
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix together completely.
- Line a 9×9 bread baking pan with parchment paper. (This makes it so easy and no clean up is required.) Pour the batter into the parchment paper.
After it is baked, you lift the parchment paper out of the baking pan and it easily slips out. No mess, no fuss and no mess.
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or even golden brown. You will smell it through your home when it is done. I like to make sure this recipe is fully cooked or it is too moist.
- Immediately remove by holding the parchment paper and lifting the bread out of the pan. Let it cool completely before eating or slicing.
- Slice in pieces and freeze what you will not eat in 1 day. Be sure to place the bread you will eat in 1 day in plastic sealed bag and place in refrigerator. You don’t want it to loose it’s freshness.
- If you want to eat from the freezer it will defrost on granite in 15 minutes, or you can almost defrost in a microwave. I place in the microwave for 10 seconds so the chocolate chips just start to melt. YUM!
Pumpkin bread is WONDERFUL to bake in advance and then put in your kid’s lunch boxes. If you have already placed them in freezer zip lock bags, you can easily retrieve them from the freezer and add them to your kid’s lunch box. It’s healthy, tasty and kid’s love it.
Happy baking and enjoy!