If you love moist, gooey chocolate brownies that melt in your mouth, than you have to try this healthy brownie recipe!
These healthy chocolate brownies are SO delicious that you would NEVER know there was even one healthy ingredient in it.
Overview of the Heavenly Chocolate Brownies with a Magic Ingredient
Using a combination of coconut flour and whole wheat pastry flour, these chocolate brownies enable you to eat whole grains in a delicious way, not to mention there are only 238 calories per brownie for pretty good sized brownies.
Farberware Countertop Microwave 700 Watts, 0.7 cu ft
There is a “secret” ingredient in these healthy chocolate brownies
that makes them moist and delicious. However……you have to scroll ALL the way to the bottom to see the secret ingredient
…….. just to keep you in suspense.
Many chocolate brownie recipes will call for 2-3 cups of white refined sugar and a cup of butter!
These healthy chocolate brownies are sweetened with date sugar, raw honey, and the sweet taste of the pumpkin adds moisture, though leaves no “pumpkin taste” whatsoever. (Okay, now you know the secret ingredient…pumpkin!) Lastly, these chocolate brownies do not use any butter and tastes great right out of the oven, or eaten the next day. (It even freezes well)
BEST WAY TO RE-HEAT THE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES:
These chocolate brownies are particularly yummy when they are slightly warm right out of the oven. (This is not true of most whole grain baked goods.) With these healthy chocolate brownies, if you eat them the next day, I suggest putting them in the microwave for 10 seconds before you eat them to let the grain sweetened chocolate chips just START to melt. YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of date sugar
What is Date Sugar?
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of grain sweetened chocolate chips (or carob chips)
- 3/4 cup of pureed pumpkin (the magic ingredient that leaves NO taste of pumpkin in the brownie)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup of grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix the oil, date sugar, honey, vanilla and eggs, or mix by hand.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flours, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix in the grain sweetened chocolate chips. (This helps to make sure that the chocolate chips will be evenly mixed in the brownies)
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. (Do no over bake)
SIMPLE! It takes 10 minutes to make chocolate brownies that are filled with nutrients!
Dietary Information For This Healthy Chocolate Brownies:
Serving size 16 servings
Dietary Information For This Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 11.5g
- Sat Fat: 3.75g
- Carbs: 33.5g
- Fiber: 5.25g
- Sugar: 15g
- Protein: 4.43g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Cholesterol: 19.56mg
- Potassium: 91.68mg