Who doesn’t love a delicious tasting chocolate chip cookie that is only 152 calories and so easy to make! If you are counting calories, this chocolate chip cookie treat is great for your waistline!
Wouldn’t it be amazing to be able to put a chocolate chip cookie in your kid’s lunch box that was also healthy for them to eat?
If you want to bake delicious chocolate chip cookies that are loaded with nutrition for your little ones, you have to try this amazing recipe. I was so excited how well this recipe turned out using Buckwheat flour!
Using a combination of Buckwheat flour, Whole Wheat Pastry flour and Amaranth flour, in only 15 minutes you will have a winning combination that your kid’s will LOVE!
Not only will your chocolate chip cookies taste great, but they will be filled with vitamins, minerals, fiber and rich nutrients that will be filling and healthy to eat.
Ingredients for the Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Whole Grain Cookies
- 1 cup of Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry flour
- 1/2 cup of Amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Optional Chocolate Ganache on cookies
Directions on How To Bake the Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1. Make sure that butter is softened, but not melted. Using the blade attachment, cream the butter and coconut sugar together.
2. Add add and vanilla to mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt and chocolate chips.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix together. (Add nuts if you have them)
5. Evenly position two racks in the middle of oven (same shelf) and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Put parchment paper on baking pans for easy clean up, and drop a two tablespoons of batter two inches apart if you want to make 24 cookies. (Use an ice cream scoop if you want to make 12 large cookies)
7. Bake 13-16 minutes until golden brown and you smell the cookies through your home. YUM!
8. Spread the chocolate ganache on cookies while warm and enjoy them heated or cooled!
9. Freeze any cookies that are not eaten that day and be able to enjoy in your lunch boxes for weeks to come.
Serving size: Makes 12 large cookies, or 24 smaller cookies.
Serving size is based on making 24 cookies
151 Calories Per cookie (not including the optional chocolate ganache)
Recipe created by www.LivingHealthyMom.com in 2012