If you are looking for a gluten free, chocolate peanut butter cookie that is both DELICIOUS and one that is packed with fiber and nutrition, try the Terrific Teff Chocolate Cookie recipe. You will not be disappointed. This recipe is easy to make and it tastes GREAT!
These chocolate peanut butter cookies are so tasty and they are packed with a lot of nutritional value for your kids.
Try this recipe!
All the sweetie pies in your family will NEVER know these chocolate peanut butter cookies are healthy for them, including your husband!
Are you looking for a delicious treat to put in your kid’s lunch box?
Ingredients For the Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 3/4 cup of Blanched Almond Flour. (Be sure to use blanched, not almond meal)
- 1/2 cup of Teff Flour
(A very nutritious Ethiopian flour that is loaded with fiber and also helps control blood sugar)
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of Spectrum Shortening
(This is not the unhealthy shortening that we are all familiar with. This shortening is based on coconut oil.)
To buy click here
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter (you can substitute with almond or cashew butter)
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of peanuts (I use lightly salted)
1. If you have a mixer, use the blade attachment and combine the shortening, coconut sugar, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla. (If you don’t have a mixer, use a whip and combine. The shortening will still have clumps in it, which is fine)
2. In a separate bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder together.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
4. Mix in the nuts.
5. Put parchment paper on baking sheet for easy clean up. Use an ice cream scoop and place on sheet. Take a spatula and gently press down on the top to flatten it.
Happy Baking and enjoy your healthy chocolate peanut butter cookies!