Did you you know that 2/3 of the American population is overweight?
Did you know that the FDA maintains a list of over 3000 different chemicals that are added to processed foods?
Did you know that only 13% of all chemicals are even tested in the U.S.?
You too can have “a little bit” of food with your chemicals…..heck just eat processed foods!
The World Health Organization (WHO) states that eating processed foods is the reason why there is such a drastic rise in obesity around the world and is linked to all types of health problems. Processed foods are filled with chemicals, additives and artificial coloring additives that are dangerous for your well being.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) maintains a list of over 3,000 chemicals that are added to the processed food supply. These chemicals do various things to make our food more interesting and addictive, but not healthier.
Why Are Processed Foods So Unhealthy To Eat?
(Numerous studies have pointed out connections linking these additives and chemicals to illness like cancer, diabetes, liver problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, increased colds and asthma)
- Processed foods are loaded with chemicals; most of which you don’t even know what they are.
- Processed foods from catchup to crackers are loaded with high fructose corn syrup and lots of salt.
- Processed foods use partially hydrogenated oils that are very harmful for our health. (If you don’t believe me, read the back of the processed food packages that you buy) These oils are molecularly changed oils that are toxic and harmful for our families with direct relations to an increase in many diseases.
- Processed foods lack any important nutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes; all of which makes people feel tired, sluggish and not as alert throughout the day.
- Processed foods “fortify” their food meaning all the nutrients are stripped out of the food and then they put a vitamin back in to replace it.
- Processed foods have labels from the FDA such as GRAS……….Generally Recommended Safe. Is that fine with you….”generally?”
- Processed foods have mainly EMPTY calories in them. They don’t provide nourishment and they make you fat because you never feel like you ate enough.
- Processed foods are addictive. The corn syrup, salt and chemicals makes you want more and more…..and eating more and more makes you fat!
How Are Processed Foods Hurting Our Kids?
- According to the CDC, the rate of obesity in children has tripled from a generation ago. Now over 17% of kids are obese!
- Two-thirds of the 46 million school children have a cholesterol count above the desired level of 140-150
- 40% of children age 5-8 have at least one heart disease risk factor
- 60% of these children suffer from either high blood pressure or high cholesterol levelsProcessed foods are everywhere because it is easy to mass produce and companies make MUCH MORE profit from processed foods than they do whole foods.Baked goods are one of the worst processed foods. They are filled with high fructose corn syrup, chemicals, colors and Partially hydrogenated oils. It is empowering to chose fresh, whole foods for your family instead of processed ones, devoid of nutrition or value.Cheers to all the living healthy mom’s who want to change what we our putting into our little one’s bodies.It isn’t easy, it is a learning curve, but the journey is so worth the reward of health and happiness.
At age 5-8 having high blood pressure? Do you agree there is something wrong with this picture?